The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) is ready to conclude its probe on the investigation conducted over the death of flight attendant Christine Dacera, NBI Deputy Director Ferdinand Lavin said on Tuesday (March 2).
Lavin pointed this out as the Dacera family has yet to turn over to investigators her mobile phone.
“With or without the phone, we will conclude the investigation,” he said.
Lavin said the family had earlier promised to hand over her mobile phone to investigators to undergo forensic examination.
The family strongly believes that Dacera was raped and killed when she was found last Jan. 1 in the bath tub of her room at the City Garden Grant Hotel in Makati City where she celebrated the new year with male companions.
“We are just being thorough in our investigation,” Lavin said.
“We are hoping we could get some leads from the phone,” he added.