By Prince Golez
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque on Thursday insisted that he was not privy to what former Special Envoy to China Ramon Tulfo claimed that thousands of government officials already received shots of Sinopharm’s coronavirus vaccine last year.
In his televised briefing, Roque said he did not want to comment on something that he had no idea about.
“I have no personal knowledge tungkol sa mga bagay-bagay na sinasabi ni Mon Tulfo,” the Palace official said during a televised briefing.
“Ang malinaw po, si Mon Tulfo na ang naglinaw, hindi na po siya special envoy to China, and he’s no longer covered by the anti-graft laws of the country,” he also said.
Tulfo earlier admitted to receiving shots of a China-made Covid-19 vaccine from a friend who smuggled it into the country.
The columnist said “thousands” of officials from the executive, legislative, military, police and local government were also vaccinated.
Sinopharm has yet to apply for an emergency use authorization before the Food and Drug Administration.