The President declared houses and lots in Gallera de Oro, Bago Aplaya, Maa, Matina Crossing and Buhangin, all in Davao City. He also has a 1978 Volvo sedan and a 1996 Toyota Rav 4.

P1M richer: Duterte’s net worth jumps to P28.5M in 2017

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

President Rodrigo Duterte’s net worth grew by P1.11 million to P28.5 million in 2017, based on his latest Statement of Assets, Liabilities and Net Worth (SALN).

As of December 2017, Duterte’s assets amounted to P29.3 million, up from P28.4 million in 2016.

The President declared houses and lots in Gallera de Oro, Bago Aplaya, Maa, Matina Crossing and Buhangin, all in Davao City. He also has a 1978 Volvo sedan and a 1996 Toyota Rav 4.

Duterte’s teenage daughter, Veronica, also has properties under her name: she has three agricultural and residential lots, and two houses and lots, all in Davao City. These have a cumulative worth of P3,080,000.00

The President’s cash on hand and bank accounts amounted to P19,365,321.07, while his appliances are worth P350,000.

Duterte’s only liability for 2017 is an P800,000 loan from Davao businessman Samuel Uy.

It appeared that the President paid Uy P200,000 since his liability in 2016 was a P1-million loan from the businessman.

Duterte’s relatives in government include his son Paolo, who resigned as vice mayor of Davao City in December 2017; his daughter, Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte; his brother, Benjamin, who works as a private secretary in Sara’s office; his daughter-in-law January, a councilor in Davao City; his nephew Wilfrido Villanueva, an administrative assistant in Davao, and his wife Jean, an auxiliary worker.

The President’s net worth has been rising steadily since he assumed office in 2016.

As of June 30, 2016, he had a net worth of P24,080,094.04. This rose to P27,428,862.44 by the end of that year.

Leave a Comment

POLITIKO / Live!

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on reddit
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

POLITIKO / Across the Nation

POLITIKO / Latest News

Chinese cyber-espionage unit on US hacking spree: report

At least 30,000 US organizations including local governments have been hacked in recent days by an “unusually aggressive” Chinese cyber-espionage campaign, according to a computer security specialist.

The campaign has exploited recently discovered flaws in Microsoft Exchange software, stealing email and infecting computer servers with tools that let attackers take control remotely, Brian Krebs said in a post at his cyber security news website.

“This is an active threat,” White House spokeswoman Jennifer Psaki said when asked about the situation during a press briefing.

“Everyone running these servers needs to act now to patch them. We are concerned that there are a large number of victims,” she added.

After Microsoft released patches for the vulnerabilities on Tuesday, attacks “dramatically stepped up” on servers not yet updated with security fixes, said Krebs, who cited unnamed sources familiar with the situation.

“At least 30,000 organizations across the United States — including a significant number of small businesses, towns, cities and local governments — have over the past few days been hacked by an unusually aggressive Chinese cyber espionage unit that’s focused on stealing email from victim organizations,” Krebs wrote in the post.

He reported that insiders said hackers have “seized control” of thousands of computer systems around the world using password-protected software tools slipped into systems.

Microsoft said early this week that a state-sponsored hacking group operating out of China is exploiting previously unknown security flaws in its Exchange email services to steal data from business users.

The company said the hacking group, which it has named “Hafnium,” is a “highly skilled and sophisticated actor.”

Hafnium has in the past targeted US-based companies including infectious disease researchers, law firms, universities, defense contractors, think tanks, and NGOs.

In a blog post on Tuesday, Microsoft executive Tom Burt said the company had released updates to fix the security flaws, which apply to on-premises versions of the software rather than cloud-based versions, and urged customers to apply them.

“We know that many nation-state actors and criminal groups will move quickly to take advantage of any unpatched systems,” he added at the time.

Microsoft said the group was based in China but operated through leased virtual private servers in the United States, and that it had briefed the US government.

Beijing has previously hit back at US accusations of state-sponsored cyber theft. Last year it accused Washington of smears following allegations that Chinese hackers were attempting to steal coronavirus research.

In January, US intelligence and law enforcement agencies said Russia was probably behind the massive SolarWinds hack that shook the government and corporate security, contradicting then-president Donald Trump, who had suggested China could be to blame.

Microsoft said Tuesday the Hafnium attacks “were in no way connected to the separate SolarWinds-related attacks.” (AFP)

TRENDING NEWS

MCD MULTI MEDIA/ Network

Business News

Tagalog News

Weekly Sports News

Sign up for our Newsletter

We are a social news blog where politikos, their kin, friends and allies are the center of the universe. We write about their words and deeds, likes and dislikes, dreams and fears. We are here to entertain, provoke and hopefully inform you along the way.

Disclaimer