The bible of Philippine politics

Palace allays electricity ‘bill shock’ fears: ‘Di na mauulit ‘yan!

0 65

By Prince Golez

Malacañang assured that consumers of Meralco will no longer experience overestimation of energy consumption during the modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) period.

“Hindi na siguro mauulit ‘yan dahil hindi naman sila nakalusot nung una pagkakaton,” Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a virtual presser Monday.

“Sinita po sila ng (Energy Regulatory Commission) at inorderan sila na mag-refund doon sa napakataas na siling nila sa ating mga kababayan,” added Roque.

Last month, Meralco apologized to the public for the confusion in its billing system after numerous consumers complained of unusual spike in the electric bills during the enhanced community quarantine.

At a Senate hearing, its president and chief executive officer Ray Espinosa admitted that the mixed actual reading and estimate reading resulted in the increase in rates.

“Let me apologize for the continuing inconvenience to consumers brought about by the concerns on billing matters. We will double and triple our efforts to address them,” he said.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy