Palace finds no reason to ban Chinese-owned video app TikTok
By Prince Golez
Malacañang sees no need to ban the popular app TikTok in the Philippines.
In a virtual presser Tuesday, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said President Rodrigo Duterte respects every Filipino’s right to free speech.
“Wala pong ganun. Sa mga nagsasabi na nanunupil si Presidente ng karapatan ng malayang pananalita, walang kahit anong website na bina-ban ang Presidente,” according to Roque.
“Walang pong dahilan na nakikita para i-ban ang TikTok sa Pilipinas,” he added.
Last week, President Donald Trump said that he will ban the TikTok from the United States, saying that the Chinese-owned video-sharing app poses a threat to national security.