Posted on

By Prince Golez

Malacañang asked the Department of Health (DOH) to fast-track the release of hazard pay for health workers who are at the frontlines in the fight against coronavirus disease (Covid-19).

This, after the DOH said that Some 16000 health workers have yet to receive their hazard pay

appropriated for them under the Bayanihan to Heal as One Act.

“Ang pakiusap lang po natin, naku, iyong mga tao po na magri-release ng ganitong kabayaran, sana po ay madaliin ‘no,” Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a televised briefing Thursday.

Roque recalled that Duterte was previously angered over the delay in the compensation of health workers who have been infected and died of Covid-19.

“Dahil noong minsan po na na-delay ang mga ayuda na binibigay sa mga namatayan at nagkasakit na frontliners ay talaga naman pong matindi ang naging galit ng ating Presidente. Iwasan na po natin na magalit ang Presidente, palabas na po natin kaagad,” he added.

Under the Bayanihan to Heal As One Act, healthcare workers with “severe” Covid-19 infection will be entitled to P100,000 compensation while a cash of P1 million will be given to the families of those who died from the virus.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *