Fifteen of the 70 lawmakers who voted for the denial of ABS-CBN’s franchise application are among the politikos selected to watch President Rodrigo Duterte’s State of the Nation Address (SONA) live on July 27.
The House leadership has selected 25 lawmakers and House officials to be physically present at Batasang Pambansa on Monday next week for the opening of the second regular session in the morning and SONA in the afternoon.
Of this number, the following were the legislators who voted against ABS-CBN’s franchise renewal:
1. House Majority Leader Martin Romualdez
2. Camarines Sur Rep. Luis Raymund Villafuerte
3. Bulacan Rep. Jonathan Sy-Alvarado
4. Cavite Rep. Abraham Tolentino
5. ACT-CIS party-list Rep. Eric Yap
6. Cavite Rep. Elpidio Barzaga
7. Iloilo Rep. Janette Garin
8. Anakalusugan party-list Rep. Mike Defensor
9. Zamboanga Del Sur Rep. Divina Grace Yu
10. Laguna Rep. Dan Fernandez
11. Batangas Rep. Raneo Abu
12. Pampanga Rep. Juan Miguel Arroyo
13. Sagip party-list Rep. Rodante Marcoleta
14. Cavite Rep. Jesus Crispin Remulla
15. Valenzuela City Rep. Weslie Gatchalian
Palawan Rep. Franz Alvarez, who chairs the House committee on legislative franchises, will also be present at Batasang Pambansa for the SONA. However, he did not vote on ABS-CBN’s franchise application.
The other lawmakers who will attend the SONA at Batasang Pambansa are: House Speaker Alan Peter Cayetano, his wife, Taguig Rep. Lani Cayetano, House Minority Leader Bienvenido Abante, Surigao Del Norte Rep. Johnny Pimentel, Surigao Del Sur Rep. Robert Ace Barbers and Pampanga Rep. Aurelio “Dong” Gonzales.
They will be joined by House Secretary General Jose Luis Montales, Deputy Secretary General Brian Yamsuan and House Sergeant-at-Arms Ramon Apolinario.