By Prince Golez
People aged 15 to 65 are now allowed to go out of their homes, Malacañang announced Friday.
Those under 21 and over 60 years old were previously required to stay at home except for essential needs.
“The Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases on Thursday, October 15, 2020, approved the adjustment of age-based stay-at-home restrictions,” Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a statement Friday.
Roque, however, said that local government units (LGUs) may impose a higher age limit for minors, depending on the coronavirus situation in their respective jurisdictions.
Meanwhile, the IATF enjoined LGUs not to cover workers, Authorized Persons Outside Residence, and necessary establishments in the application of their curfew ordinances.
Local governments were also directed to standardize curfew rules and relax curfew hours.