On the eve of President Rodrigo Duterte’s State of the Nation Address, Sen. Panfilo Lacson listed some of the major developments that occurred under Duterte’s watch.
In a tweet, Lacson cited major events and developments, some of which the administration was noted for its political will.
SONA: These happened in 2017-2018 –
Mighty Corp settled Php 30B tax case
PAL settled Php 6B debt to govt
Sunvar vacated Mile long property
Solgen won quo warranto case vs ex CJ
Congress passed the Bangsa Moro Organic Law
— PING LACSON (@iampinglacson) July 22, 2018
– The liberation of Marawi City from the Maute group, following five months of fighting from May to October 2017
– The environmental rehabilitation of Boracay Island, which was closed to tourists last April 26. Boracay is due to reopen in October
– The P30-billion tax settlement by Mighty Corp.
– The P6-billion debt settlement of Philippine Airlines
– The vacating by Sunvar of the Mile Long property
Lacson also cited the Solicitor General’s ousting of Chief Justice Ma. Lourdes Sereno via quo warranto, and Congress’ passage of the Bangsa Moro Organic Law.
In earlier tweets, Lacson also reminded the administration to take heed of adverse Commission on Audit reports, saying these need to be looked into.
He also maintained the government should maintain a single standard in fighting corruption.
Duterte is due to deliver his third SONA on Monday afternoon.