Sen. Grace Poe beamed with pride when she unveiled her 12-member senatorial ticket in simple ceremonies at Club Filipino on 29 October 2015.
Dubbed Partido Galing at Puso (PGP), Poe said her ticket is composed of senatorial bets from different political parties and former public servants that are running independently, like herself and her vice president, Sen. Francis Escudero. She said the PGP slate shows her belief that “competence and integrity must go hand in hand.”
“Lahat po sila ay pinili at hindi pinulot lamang kung saan. Lahat po sila ay pinili at wala po kahit isa sa kanila ang pinilit,” she said.
The chosen 12 are:
1. Lawyer Lorna Kapunan of Aksyon Demokratiko, the political party of the late Sen. Raul Roco
2. Pasig Rep. Roman Romulo, who hails from a family of respected statesmen and author of the Iskolar ng Bayan and UNIFAST laws in Congress
3. Sen. Vicente “Tito Sen” Sotto, a reelectionist from the Nationalist People’s Coalition
4. Bayan Muna Rep. Neri Colmenares, a human rights lawyer
5. Valenzuela Rep. Sherwin “Win” Gatchalian, a proponent of the feeding program for poor students and author of the Kontra-Hazing Act, Free College Education Act and Nutri-Skwela Act
6. Actor and former Makati Vice-Mayor Edu Manzano
7. Former senator Miguel “Migz” Zubiri, who is known as the “gentleman farmer from Bukidnon”
8. ACT-CIS Rep. Gen. Samuel Pagdilao, a lawyer and one of the founding fathers of the PNP’s Special Action Force (SAF)
9. Former senator and Tourism chief Richard “Dick” Gordon, who now chairs the Philippine Red Cross
10. Former actor and Manila Vice-Mayor Isko Moreno
11. Susan “Ate Toots” Ople, who heads the Blas Ople Policy Center that helps overseas Filipino workers in distress
12. Sen. Ralph Recto, a reelectionist from the Liberal Party, economist and author of laws such as the Free Kindergarten Act and the Free Health Insurance for Senior Citizens Act in the Senate