A VPN is an essential component of IT security, whether you’re just starting a business or are already up and running. Most business interactions and transactions happen online and VPN

PNoy ex-girlfriend rants on traffic from INC protest

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

President Benigno Aquino III’s government on Monday, Aug. 31, got a tongue-lashing from no less than a former presidential girlfriend over the continued heavy traffic along EDSA in Mandaluyong City.

Television personality Grace Lee posted a rant on her Instagram account after noting traffic at Pioneer corner Shaw in Mandaluyong City was “tangled” as of 6:30 a.m. – and on a holiday at that.

“But more importantly, what I want to know is, where is our government?!?! The past three days are the epitome of a weak government that can’t, and deliberately won’t protect the rights of its people. 2015 na, ganito pa rin? Puro salita, puro kayo drama at papogi?” Lee said.

“Nasaan ang boss nyo?!?” she added.

Lee, a former Korean DJ, was romantically linked with Aquino in 2012. She is now with TV5, whose studios are in Mandaluyong City.

She was referring to the traffic jam at EDSA in Mandaluyong City, where members of the Iglesia ni Cristo had been protesting since Friday, Aug. 28.

INC members had not left the area as of 7 a.m. Monday.

Lee reminded the government its “bosses” include a mother with a three-year-old child crying after being stuck in traffic for five hours – and other children waiting for their parents to get home.

She ended her rant with the hashtags #YouAreFired and #wishfulthinking.

On the other hand, Lee also scored the Iglesia ni Cristo for the heavy traffic, reminding them this is not about religion but about the law.

“INC followers need to understand that this is Not about religion. It is about the law! And no one, no religion, is above the law!” she said.

instagram post embed code:

Tangled traffic pioneer corner shaw, at 6:30 am on a holiday! INC followers need to understand that this is Not about religion. It is about the law! And no one, no religion, is above the law! But more importantly, what I want to know is, where is our government?!?! The past three days are the epitome of a weak government that can’t, and deliberately won’t protect the rights of its people. 2015 na, ganito parin? Puro salita, puro kayo drama at papogi? Nasaan ang boss nyo?!? Ang boss nyong nanay ng tatlong taong gulang na bata, umiiyak habang ipit sa traffic ng 5 Oras dahil walang pagkain at inumin ang anak nya na matagal ng pagod sa kakaiyak, at ang iba pa nyang mga anak na naghihintay sa kanilang magulang sa bahay para may makakain!!! #YouAreFired #wishfulthinking

A photo posted by Eating, Loving And Praying (@graceleemanila) on

Leave a Comment

POLITIKO / Live!

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on reddit
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

POLITIKO / Across the Nation

POLITIKO / Latest News

Rule of law prevailed: Trillanes hails CA ruling junking revival of rebellion raps

Former senator Antonio Trillanes IV on Tuesday (March 2) hailed the favorable ruling of the Court of Appeals (CA) concerning his rebellion case.

“Today, the rule of law prevailed,” Trillanes declared.

With this, the former lawmaker also expressed gratitude to the appellate court for the favorable ruling.

“Nagpapasalamat ako sa mga CA justices na gumawa ng desisyong ito,” he stated.

“Sana all na judges and justices ay may ganitong sense of justice to check the prevailing authoritarianism in the country,” he added,

Trillanes’s petition before the CA assailed the 2018 orders of Makati City Judge Elmo Alameda to issue a hold departure order (HDO) and arrest warrant against the former lawmaker even though the same magistrate dismissed back in 2011 the rebellion case against him.

The case was dismissed by the judge in 2011 after Trillanes was granted amnesty by then President Benigno Aquino III.

The Department of Justice (DOJ) sought to revive the case before the Makati court after President Rodrigo Duterte revoked the amnesty.

Sinong guilty? Lord Velasco’s allies gang up on Alan Cayetano after ally exposes P20-B budget cut

By Billy Begas

Allies of House Speaker Lord Allan Jay Velasco slammed the camp of Taguig-Pateros Rep. Alan Peter Cayetano for his supporters’ attempt to drag the Marinduque lawmaker in the issue involving the P20 billion pension and gratuity fund of uniformed government personnel that was diverted to infrastructure projects.

Senior Deputy Speaker Salvador Leachon said it was clear based on the explanation of House Committee on Appropriations chairperson Eric Yap that the slashed P20 billion will not be used this year to pay the pension and gratuity of uniformed personnel.

“Based on Congressman Yap’s accounts, which I find to be accurate, the current problems involving the pension of uniformed retirees was due to the P70-billion cut in their budget for the year 2020, during Cayetano’s term,” Leachon said.

Yap said that the House then led by Cayetano slashed P70 billion from the 2020 national budget.

Earlier, Anakalusugan Rep. Michael Defensor said that he did not know what happened then. “Hindi ko ho alam kung nag-usap sila (House-led Cayetano and Department of Budget and Management) pero ang sigurado ko ho nagrereklamo ngayon ang DBM dahil binawasan ang pension fund.”

Yap claimed that the DBM knows the reduction of budget.

“Their unfounded allegations against Speaker Velasco boomeranged to them when it turned out the current problems faced by uniformed retirees was brought about by the more than P70 billion deducted from the 2020 PGF budget during Cayetano’s time,” said Leachon.

Defensor contradicted Leachon’s claim in a text message. “How can it have boomeranged when Chair Eric Yap admitted that they slashed the Pension and Gratuity Fund by 20 billion. They should not over complicate and over think- return the 20 billion to our military, police and uniformed personnel pension and gratuity fund.”

Defensor also challenged the camp of Velasco to show to the public that they did not use it as pork barrel fiund.

Deputy Speaker and Negros Oriental Rep. Arnolfo Teves said Defensor’s accusations were “part of an obvious attempt to antagonize Speaker Velasco.”

“It was obviously premeditated with some members of the so-called ‘BTS sa Kongreso’ present to interpellate Defensor and tried but failed to amplify the allegations against Speaker Velasco,” Teves said referring to Back To Service sa Kongreso formed by Cayetano in January.

Teves added that the game plan of Cayetano’s camp was to make Velasco “look bad in the eyes of President Duterte by attacking the Speaker on an issue very close to the Chief Executive’s heart—the pension and gratuity pay of police and military retirees.”

Deputy Speaker Lito Atienza, meanwhile, blasted Cayetano’s group for hypocrisy following the revelation of Deputy Speaker Isidro Ungab that the Cayetano-led House manipulated the 2020 national budget, which resulted in budget cuts totaling P209 billion, including the P70 billion slashed from pension and gratuity fund.

“Umaalma sila sa binawas na P20 billion na napunta naman sa COVID-19 response ng gobyerno pero ‘yung P70 bilyon at kabuuang P209 bilyon na tinapyas nila sa 2020 national budget e okay lang sa kanila,” said Atienza.

Defensor said it is not true that the P20 billion went to purchase COVID-19 vaccines.

He said that based on the copy of the General Appropriations Act, the budget for vaccines remained at P2.5 billion.

TRENDING NEWS

MCD MULTI MEDIA/ Network

Business News

Tagalog News

Weekly Sports News

Sign up for our Newsletter

We are a social news blog where politikos, their kin, friends and allies are the center of the universe. We write about their words and deeds, likes and dislikes, dreams and fears. We are here to entertain, provoke and hopefully inform you along the way.

Disclaimer