Present si Pulong! 18 anti-ABS-CBN lawmakers to watch SONA live
Eighteen of the lawmakers who voted to reject ABS-CBN’s franchise application will have front row seats at the House of Representatives for President Rodrigo Duterte’s State of the Nation Address (SONA) Monday (July 27).
Based on the latest list obtained by Politiko, 27 lawmakers have been cleared to be physically present at Batasang Pambansa for the opening of the second regular session in the morning and SONA in the afternoon.
Among those who will hear the President’s speech live is his son, Deputy Speaker and Davao City Rep. Paolo Duterte.
Politiko reported earlier this month that Paolo and Iglesia Ni Cristo pressured lawmakers into voting against ABS-CBN’s franchise application.
Joining Paolo at the plenary hall were the following lawmakers who opposed the renewal of ABS-CBN’s franchise:
1. House Majority Leader Martin Romualdez
2. Camarines Sur Rep. Luis Raymund Villafuerte
3. Bulacan Rep. Jonathan Sy-Alvarado
4. Cavite Rep. Abraham Tolentino
5. ACT-CIS party-list Rep. Eric Yap
6. Cavite Rep. Elpidio Barzaga
7. Iloilo Rep. Janette Garin
8. Anakalusugan party-list Rep. Mike Defensor
9. Zamboanga Del Sur Rep. Divina Grace Yu
10. Laguna Rep. Dan Fernandez
11. Batangas Rep. Raneo Abu
12. Pampanga Rep. Juan Miguel Arroyo
13. Sagip party-list Rep. Rodante Marcoleta
14. Cavite Rep. Jesus Crispin Remulla
15. Valenzuela City Rep. Weslie Gatchalian
16. DUMPER PTDA party-list Rep. Claudine Bautista
17. Zamboanga Sibugay Rep. Wilter “Sharky” Palma II
Palawan Rep. Franz Alvarez, who chairs the House committee on legislative franchises, will also be present at Batasang Pambansa for the SONA. However, he did not vote on ABS-CBN’s franchise application.
The other lawmakers who will attend the SONA at Batasang Pambansa are: House Speaker Alan Peter Cayetano, his wife, Taguig Rep. Lani Cayetano, House Minority Leader Bienvenido Abante, Surigao Del Norte Rep. Johnny Pimentel, Surigao Del Sur Rep. Robert Ace Barbers, Pampanga Rep. Aurelio “Dong” Gonzales and Marinduque Rep. Lord Allan Jay Velasco.
They will be joined by House Secretary General Jose Luis Montales, Deputy Secretary General Brian Yamsuan and House Sergeant-at-Arms Ramon Apolinario.