More people are sending donations to the typhoon relief operations initiated by Vice President Leni Robredo.
The vice president announced on Facebook the cash donations have increased to P50 million after getting a public rebuke from President Duterte Tuesday. She was elated by the latest development, posting a party emoji in her latest social media post.
“After I was insulted and lambasted on national TV, our partners’ donation drive ballooned to P50M today 🥳🥳🥳It is also the same with the in-kind donations we have been receiving at the office,” Robredo said.
Robredo said the donors also sent messages about their willingness to help the calamity victims. They also expressed gratitude to her team’s relief efforts for the typhoon-hit families.
“Most of the messages accompanying the donations are to the effect that they wanted to help the typhoon victims and it is their way of showing their appreciation for the kind of work that our office has been doing for our kababayans,” Robredo said.
In Tuesday night’s address to the nation, President Duterte called Robredo dishonest after supposedly lying about his absence during the typhoon last week. He was furious that Robredo also allegedly engaged in grandstanding in the typhoon relief operations.
The veep has denied Duterte’s allegations and continued with her relief mission for the storm-hit communities.
A tale of two kinds of supporters. 1. After I was insulted and lambasted on national TV, our partners’ donation drive…Posted by Leni Gerona Robredo on Thursday, November 19, 2020