SC: 2 Taguig courts remain on lockdown until July 1
The Supreme Court (SC) said on Thursday (June 25) the two courts in Taguig City will remain on lockdown until July 1.
“Two court personnel of Taguig City test NEGATIVE for COVID according to a Memo issued by the Executive Judge of the Metropolitan Trial Court of Taguig City; quarantine period of Branches 74 and 115 to end on July 1, 2020,” read the latest Twitter post of SC.
In a memorandum, Taguig City Executive Judge Victoria Padilla-Awid said two staff members of Metropolitan Trial Court (MeTC) branches 74 and 115 underwent confirmatory polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing after it was learned that had been in contact with a person who has the COVID-19 disease.
Though the two persons tested negative, the judge said Office of the Court Administrator advised the two courts will “still continue with the fourteen day quarantine, which shall end on July 01, 2020, pursuant to COVID protocol followed by the Supreme Court.
“The quarantine especially applies to the two personnel, who had direct contact with the COVID positive person,” the memorandum read.
“Again, everyone is enjoined to practice safety health measures to combat the COVID virus. Everyone is directed to follow the strict protocol issued by this Office last 01 June 2020. Some of which are the wearing of mask, social distancing, and regular hand washing,” the magistrate reminded.