Sobrang yaman! Villar, Pacquiao are each worth double the wealth of 21 other senators
Senators Cynthia Villar and Manny Pacquiao are so rich that each of them are worth more than the combined net worth of their colleagues in the Senate at P1.8 billion.
Villar is the richest senator after she reported a net worth of P3.7198 billion in her statement of assets liabilities and net worth as of December 31, 2018.
It’s a no brainer considering that she is the wife of the richest Filipino, Manny Villar, who Forbes estimated has a net worth of $5.5 billion or P286 billion.
Pacquiao, who earned his fortune from his million-dollar boxing career and endorsement deals, is the second richest as his net worth inched up P3.005 billion in 2018.
No other senator is a bilyonaryo apart from Villar and Pacquiao.
Here is the full list and ranking of Senators according to wealth:
1) Cynthia Villar – P3.719 billion
2) Manny Pacquiao – P3.005 billion
3) Ralph Recto – P555 million
4) Juan Miguel Zubiri – P182 million
5) Sonny Angara – P135 million
6) JV Ejercito – P132 million
7) Franklin Drilon – P97 million
8) Sherwin Gatchalian – P96 million
9) Grace Poe – P93 million
10) Richard Gordon – P71 million
11) Vicente “Tito” Sotto III – P70 million
12) Nancy Binay – P60 million
13) Loren Legarda – P56 million
14) Bam Aquino – P45 million
15) Panfilo “Ping” Lacson – P42 million
16) Koko Pimentel – P28 million
17) Joel Villanueva – P26 million
18) Gringo Honasan – P25 million
19) Kiko Pangilinan – P16 million
20) Risa Hontiveros – P15 million
21) Chiz Escudero – P10 million
22) Leila de Lima – P7.7 million
23) Antonio Trillanes – P7.5 million