Malacañang took offense at tweets the daughters of Vice President Leni Robredo posted to Twitter, apparently asking if President Rodrigo Duterte was still asleep while typhoon Ulysses was devastating parts of Luzon.
As typhoon “Ulysses” continues to batter Luzon, President Rodrigo Duterte assured the public that the government is on top of the situation.
The third typhoon to hit the storm-battered Philippines in as many weeks caused major flooding in Manila on Thursday, trapping some people on rooftops and claiming at least one life in another part of the country.
A day after super typhoon Rolly badly hit Luzon, President Duterte left Davao City.
House Speaker Lord Allan Velasco was in his hometown when Typhoon Quinto hit Luzon.
Some 71 percent of Filipinos have said their families received financial aid from the government since the start of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) pandemic, a Social Weather Stations (SWS) survey showed Tuesday night.
Deputy Minority Leader and Bayan Muna Party-list Rep. Carlos Zarate is seeking a House inquiry over the supposed high billings imposed by Meralco to its customers over the past three months amid the recent lockdown in Luzon due to the enhanced community policy imposed by Malacañang.
House Deputy Minority Leader and Bayan Muna Party-list Rep. Carlos Zarate urged the Energy Regulatory Commission to conduct probe over Meralco’s unjustified power hike amidst lockdown in various parts of Luzon.
Online personality Francis Leo Marcos will remain in the National Bureau of Investigation’s custody pending verification of the warrants of arrest issued against him by various courst for several cases, including human trafficking.
The decline of the Philippine economy by 0.2 percent in the first quarter of 2020 does not worry Malacañang.
Several Consular Offices (COs) will resume operations beginning May 4
(Monday), the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) announced.
House committee games and amusement chair JB Bernos has called for a stronger vetting process of Philippine Offshore Gaming Operators (POGO) after an illegal operation was by authorities in Parañaque City last week.
Senate Minority Leader Franklin Drilon said Tuesday (April 21) there’s no compelling reason to allow Philippine Offshore Gaming Operators (POGOs) to reopen amid the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in Luzon.
With the enhanced community quarantine in Luzon set to end on April 30, Senators Sonny Angara and Grace Poe urged the government on Saturday (April 18) to ramp up mass testing to find out who have been infected with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Discipline, not militarization. This was what President Rodrigo Duterte meant when he warned of a stricter implementation of COVID-19-triggered lockdowns in Luzon, Sen. Panfilo Lacson said Saturday.
Health Secretary Francisco Duque III may keep his post for now, but he is not quite out of the woods, especially once the Senate resumes session.
Extending the COVID19-triggered lockdown in Luzon could paralyze the manufacturing sector if proper measures are not taken, Sen. Panfilo Lacson said Thursday.
The government may implement a “limited lockdown” in Luzon when the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) expires on April 30, Malacañang said.
Malacañang laughed off the idea of lifting the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in Luzon as many people still refuse to comply with protocols.
President Rodrigo Duterte said he will lift the enhanced community quarantine in Luzon once antibody treatments for coronavirus are already on the market.
The economic cost of President Rodrigo Duterte’s enhanced community quarantine in Luzon but without a lockdown, the COVID-19 infections would be catastrophic.
President Rodrigo Duterte is urging landlords to be compassionate and give their tenants rent relief.
“Stop the blame game,” Social Welfare Secretary Rolando Bautista made the appeal following complaints of delays in the distribution of the government’s social amelioration.