Trillanes blames Dick Gordon for unabated killing spree in Duterte’s drug war: He could’ve stopped this a year ago
Sen. Dick Gordon has lost all credibiity to lead the impending probe on the recent spate of reported extrajudicial killings of over 80 alleged drug suspects in Bulacan and Metro Manila.
This is according to Sen. Sonny Trillanes IV who will ask on Tuesday the Senate majority bloc to replace him as chair of the Senate Blue Ribbon Committe.
Trillanes noted that Gordon had already concluded since last year that there was no state-sponsored EJK of drug dealers and users.
The Senate Committee on Justice, also headed by Gordon, which probed the unabated EJK of suspected drug personalities.
Detained Sen. Leila de Lima used to head this panel but Sen. Manny Pacquiao moved to oust her and installed Gordon instead.
“Ang hihilingin ko dun sa mayorya ng mga senador ay palitan na si itong Sen. Gordon bilang blue ribbon committee chairman dahil nga kagaya ng nasabi ko last year pa itong isyu na yan pero binigyan niya ng conclusion na wala raw state-sponsored EJK,” Trillanes said.
“Tapos hininto nya ‘yun. May mga testigo pa ‘yung Commission on Human Rights, siyam na testigo ‘yun na ganyan din sana ang sasabihin. Ituturo ‘yung mga pulis na gumagawa (ng EJK),” he said.
Trillanes added, “Kaya hindi p’wedeng magmalinis dito si Senator Gordon kasi ‘yung dugo ay nasa kamay niya rito.”
“We could have stopped this as early as last year. Pero ngayon eto na umabot, lumagpas na 10,000 ang patay,” the senator said, a member of the Senate minority bloc.