Trump’s White House moves Bush, Clinton portraits to disused room
In a break with tradition, the White House of President Donald Trump has removed the portraits of two recent presidents, Bill Clinton and George W Bush, from the building's entrance hall, CNN reported Friday.

Trump’s White House moves Bush, Clinton portraits to disused room

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

In a break with tradition, the White House of President Donald Trump has removed the portraits of two recent presidents, Bill Clinton and George W Bush, from the building’s entrance hall, CNN reported Friday.

The two paintings were moved from the Grand Foyer, where the portraits of recent presidents usually hang, to the Old Family Dining Room, which CNN described as “a small, rarely used room that is not seen by most visitors.”

It said the room was mainly used to store tablecloths and furniture.

In place of pictures of Trump’s recent predecessors, there now hang pictures of William McKinley, who was assassinated in 1901, and of Theodore Roosevelt, his vice president who succeeded him upon his death, sources told CNN.

The news network said that Trump would have seen the two portraits on a daily basis in their previous position.

Trump’s former national security adviser John Bolton said in his recently published book that Trump “despised” both Bush and Bush’s father.

Hillary Clinton, wife of the former president and former Secretary of State, became an object of Trump’s ire when she ran against him in 2016, and has been a frequent critic of his leadership.

The White House did not respond to a request for comment on Friday.

CNN said the portraits had been moved within the last week.

A portrait of Barack Obama, the president who directly preceded Trump and who has been a frequent subject of his attacks, is not due to be formally unveiled during Trump’s first term, CNN said.

Agence France-Presse

Leave a Comment

POLITIKO / Live!

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on reddit
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

POLITIKO / Across the Nation

POLITIKO / Latest News

MCD MULTI MEDIA/ Network

  • Natitigok sa COVID-19 nagtriple!

    Nagtriple ang namamatay dahil sa COVID-19 sa National Capital Region (NCR), ayon sa OCTA Research Group. The post Natitigok sa COVID-19 nagtriple! first appeared on NewsKo.

Weekly Sports News

  • Chooks-To-Go Slams Lapu Lapu-Siquijor Game, Threatens To Pull Out As VisMin Super Cup Sponsor

    Chooks-to-Go president Ronald Mascariñas expressed his disappointment at what transpired during the game between ARQ Builders-Lapu Lapu City and Siquijor Mystics which took place on just the fourth game day of the 2021 Pilipinas VisMin Super Cup. The post Chooks-To-Go Slams Lapu Lapu-Siquijor Game, Threatens To Pull Out As VisMin Super Cup Sponsor appeared first on FASTBREAK.com.ph.

  • Pilipinas VisMin Super Cup Postpones Thursday Games

    Management of the Chooks-to-Go Pilipinas VisMin Super Cup has decided to postpone the games on Thursday pending the resolution of the issues surrounding the controversial game between the ARQ Builders—Lapu Lapu City Heroes and the Siquijor Mystics. The post Pilipinas VisMin Super Cup Postpones Thursday Games appeared first on FASTBREAK.com.ph.

  • Chef Curry Blasts For 42, GSW Beats OKC

    Stephen Curry had another scorching game as Golden State Warriors walloped Oklahoma City Thunder, 147-109, in the 2020-2021 NBA Season on Wednesday night at the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The post Chef Curry Blasts For 42, GSW Beats OKC appeared first on FASTBREAK.com.ph.

Sign up for our Newsletter

We are a social news blog where politikos, their kin, friends and allies are the center of the universe. We write about their words and deeds, likes and dislikes, dreams and fears. We are here to entertain, provoke and hopefully inform you along the way.

Disclaimer