‘Unwell’ Duterte cancels tete-a-tete for the second time
By Prince Golez
President Rodrigo Duterte once again canceled his scheduled one-on-one interview with spokesman Salvador Panelo on Tuesday evening because he is “presently under the weather.”
On live television aired over PTV4, Panelo said Duterte has postponed tonight’s tete-a-tete, citing health reasons.
“Good evening, televiewers and our countrymen. We are sorry that you had to wait for some time for this tete-a-tete with the President. However, the President is presently under the weather,” according to him.
“He had several meetings yesterday and he had to pore on many documents, hence he doesn’t feel well today,” the Palace official added.
Panelo said the televised interview will be rescheduled “perhaps next week.”
He went on to say, “We will let you know as soon as we know the specific date. Meanwhile, a very good evening to all of you. Thank you.”
It can be recalled that Duterte also skipped his tete-a-tete with Panelo last week due to “pressing matters.”