Wag atat! Joey Concepcion retreats on barangay quarantine: 90% of businessmen back two-week extension of virus lockdown
Presidential Adviser for Entrepreneurship Joey Concepcion has backed down on his proposal for the Duterte administration to shift to a selective or barangay quarantine at the end of the 30-day Luzon-wide lockdown on April 13.

Wag atat! Joey Concepcion retreats on barangay quarantine: 90% of businessmen back two-week extension of virus lockdown

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Presidential Adviser for Entrepreneurship Joey Concepcion has backed down on his proposal for the Duterte administration to shift to a selective or barangay quarantine at the end of the 30-day Luzon-wide lockdown on April 13.

Concepcion revealed that 90 percent of businessmen and corporate executives of medium to large companies were backing the Inter-Agency Task Force’s proposal to extend the enhance community quarantine by another two weeks.

Concepcion had previously warned that the economy could not afford another “reset” button by extending the lockdown which shut down all public and private offices and public transportation to force millions of Filipinos to stay home. Concepcion, whose family makes food products and appliances, recommended that lockdowns be limited to barangay checkpoints abolished, and factories of basic goods should be allowed to operate fully.

In a statement, Concepcion said majority of the business who attended a consultative meeting with Trade Secretary Mon Lopez and Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Ernesto Pernia last April 5 were keen to “avoid a possible relapse and ensure a definitive flattening of the curve.”

Concepcion, however, is not giving up on his barangay quarantine proposal. “The two-week extension of the lockdown can be used to prepare for the implementation of Barangay Quarantines. This will provide us ample time to develop and establish a more sustainable mitigation system, which will follow the guidelines provided by the IATF. The Barangay quarantine approach, if successful, can be used continuously until a cure is found,” said Concepcion.

Concepcion recommended that the mayor and barangay captains be empowered to implement a lockdown in their affected areas, while following simple and easy-to-follow guidelines setup by the National Task Force (NTF). The NTF will provide the criteria of when a targeted area should be put under lockdown and for how long.

Depending on the number and location of the confirmed cases per area, the Barangay Quarantine can be expanded to become a City/Municipality Quarantine, and even a Provincial Quarantine, should a wider scale lockdown be necessary.

Leave a Comment

POLITIKO / Live!

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on reddit
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

POLITIKO / Across the Nation

POLITIKO / Latest News

Trending News

MCD MULTI MEDIA/ Network

  • Umabot na kay Tulfo: Problema ng JaMill inaayos pa

    Hindi lang basta trending sa social media, umabot na hanggang sa programa ni Raffy Tulfo ang issue ng top YouTube couple vloggers na sina Jayzam Manabat at Camille Trinidad. The post Umabot na kay Tulfo: Problema ng JaMill inaayos pa first appeared on NewsKo.

Weekly Sports News

  • Inaalat! Philadelphia 76ers Suffers 3rd Straight Loss

    Eastern Conference leader Philadelphia 76ers continued its slump after being beaten by Milwaukee Bucks, 124-117, in the 2020-2021 NBA Season on Thursday at the Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The post Inaalat! Philadelphia 76ers Suffers 3rd Straight Loss appeared first on FASTBREAK.com.ph.

  • Japan faces new virus emergencies, three months before Olympics

    Japan's government is to declare virus states of emergencies in Tokyo and three other regions on Friday, exactly three months before the Olympic opening ceremony, as new infections surge. The post Japan faces new virus emergencies, three months before Olympics appeared first on FASTBREAK.com.ph.

  • Walker Scores 32, Boston Celtics Beat Phoenix Suns

    Boston Celtics cruised to a wire-to-wire 99-86 win over Phoenix Suns in the 2020-2021 NBA Season on Thursday night (Friday in the Philippines) at the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. The post Walker Scores 32, Boston Celtics Beat Phoenix Suns appeared first on FASTBREAK.com.ph.

Sign up for our Newsletter

We are a social news blog where politikos, their kin, friends and allies are the center of the universe. We write about their words and deeds, likes and dislikes, dreams and fears. We are here to entertain, provoke and hopefully inform you along the way.

Disclaimer